I am a Research Scientist at Facebook AI Research. Prior to this, I am a Senior Applied Scientist at Microsoft Cloud and AI. I got my Ph.D. from the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at Michigan State University, where I am a member of the Computer Vision Lab lead by Professor Xiaoming Liu. In 2013, I graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from Wuhan University.
My research areas are mainly focused on multi-modal understanding, large-scale object detection, face-based reasoning, etc.
I am looking for summer interns working on multi-modal understanding and generation. If you are interested to work with me, please send me your resume.
- Oct. 2021: I was featured in ICCV Daily News and Best of ICCV.
- Aug. 2021: I will be an SPC member for AAAI 2022.
- Jul. 2021: I will be an Area Chair for CVPR 2022.
- May 2021: I will be an Area Chair for BMVC 2021.
- May 2021: I am selected as one of Outstanding Reviewer for CVPR 2021.
- May 2021: I will be an Area Chair for FG 2021.
- Feb. 2021: Three papers are accepted by CVPR 2021.
- Feb. 2021: I will be an Area Chair for IJCB 2021.
- Dec. 2020: I will be an Area Chair for ICCV 2021.
- Dec. 2020: Our VIVO pre-training paper is accepted by AAAI 2021.
- Oct. 2020: We developed VIVO pre-training that achieved first place on nocaps leaderboard, and surpassed human performance on the CIDEr score for the first time. [Media] [Paper] (work done at Microsoft)
- Sep. 2020: I joined Facebook AI as a Research Scientist.
- Sep. 2020: One paper is accepted by ACCV 2020.
- Jul. 2020: One paper is accepted by ECCV 2020.
- Mar. 2020: I am a Senior Applied Scientist at Microsoft.
- Oct. 2019: We are the winner of Open Image 2019 Object Detection Challenge.
- Feb. 2019: Two papers are accepted by CVPR 2019.
- Aug. 2019: I defensed my Ph.D. dissertation and will join Microsoft as an Applied Scientist.
- May 2018: I joined Tencent Youtu Lab in Shanghai as a visiting researcher.
- Mar. 2018: I won the First Place of Fitch Beach Outstanding Graduate Research Award Competition (one winner in entire college).
- Feb. 2018: I won the 2018 Outstanding CSE Graduate Student Award (one winner in entire department).